After the first year of successful launch and running of 3 Be A Farmer programs, through 3 crop cycles, Organo Et School (OES) gears up for the launch of the second – Monsoon Cycle. The first was launched last year in July 2021.
Wanting to introduce farming to your child, but didn’t know how?
Do you wish they know where and how their food is grown?
Are your kids not afraid of getting dirty, jumping in, and helping? Do they learn fast and work hard?
Then, be sure to enroll them in the “Be a Farmer Monsoon Crop Cycle” program at Organo Et School Children’s Farm.
Here’s why we think every child should experience farming:
1. Farming teaches children where their food comes from
2. Farming teaches children how to care for the soil
3. Farming teaches children nature and weather awareness
4. Farming teaches children a better appreciation for food
5. Farming teaches children plant life-cycle and farm eco-systems
6. Farming teaches children responsibility
7. Farming teaches children self-reliance
8. Farming teaches children resilience and problem-solving skills
9. Farming teaches children patience & endurance
10. Farming teaches children the joy of reward after hard work
We are offering an immersive learning experience for children through Be a Farmer Summer Crop Cycle program.
About Be a Farmer Monsoon Crop Cycle program
Once enrolled, 20 children will be allotted 48 sq. ft patch each to farm. They will be given a harvest program for 60 days (a typical harvest cycle). They will be guided by our farming team members and OES team members on natural farming techniques. They will have hands-on learning from soil preparation, seeding, tending, weeding, plant health care, harvesting, plant maturity, composting, to mulching. They will have to visit the patch (along with their parent/guardian) every weekend during designated hours and care for their crops.
Because this program is designed as a hands-on experience that will take children through an entire crop cycle, we request the parents to bring the children every Sunday/Saturday, to tend to their respective farm patches. If the farm patch is left untended, weeds grow, crop cycle gets disrupted, plants get impacted and learning is interrupted.
BAF Batch 4, has 20 slots only. We are opening the program to 9-13 years age group. There is a nominal program fee of Rs.3,500/month, per child.
What we can provide
11. Approx. 48 sq. ft farm patch for each child to farm on during the program duration of 60 days (2-month crop cycle, seed to mulching)
12. Seasonal saplings (2-3 veggies, 4 leafys), jeevamrutham, neem oil and natural farming guidance on what to do on a weekly basis
13. Farming coaches, who will guide children on the weekly schedule of activities for the seasonal crops
14. Source of water for watering the plants
15. Informal seating for parents/guardians under a shamiana near the farm patches
What the children are requested to do
16. Engage in farming tasks such as soil preparation, seeding, weeding, tending, mulching, harvesting, and more
17. Come and leave at a designated time every weekend to tend to their farm patch
18. Bring their own gardening tools (gloves, spades, watering cans, small shovels, small rakes, garden scissors), and apt attire (including weather-appropriate gear & garden boots/shoes)
19. Follow farm-friendly behavior & follow necessary Covid protocols
20. Bring food, drinking water & snacks for themselves
21. Bring hand towels, cloth napkins, sanitizers, masks for themselves
22. Bring paper/cloth bags to carry the fresh produce harvested by them and take it back home
23. As there are no toilets on site, we request parents to prepare the children accordingly.
At the end of the Crop Cycle in July-Aug, the children would
24. Have hands-on immersive experience in raising seasonal food crops
25. Have gained an understanding on natural farming methods
26. Have seen the farming cycle during the summer season.
27. Have gained knowledge on plant care and lifecycle
28. Get a certificate from OES on course completion
29. Get featured on OES website and Social Media Channels recognizing their efforts
Program Details: Launch on WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
Duration: Two months (Every Sunday session)
[About 40 mins drive from Gachibowli]
Timing: Sharp 8:00am - 9:30am
Program Fee: Rs.3500/month/child.
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/Le9auKUVY8rHdojs5
OR CALL OES: 9154100775
We recognize that for any positive impact to be sustainable, it has to be long-term and inter-generational. Organo Et School strives to create an apt learning environment that will support and empower families as well as individuals to embrace sustainable living mindsets and habits.
Organo Et School is a learning initiative set up by Organo in 2017 and has been facilitating fields visits and workshops for Schools and Interest Groups. Organo Et School has had over 25+ schools, 6500+ students and 3000+ adults participate over the last 5 years.
We believe in connecting children & adults with nature. Connecting children with the natural world at a young age is the first step in creating responsible stewards of our collective future.
If you or your children are interested in the Be a Farmer program, please connect to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone 9154100775 today!