Want to know more about afforestation? Do you want to know why and how trees are grown? Are you someone who is not afraid to get dirty, jump in and help, learn fast and work hard? Then, be sure to enroll yourself in the Rurban Forest Workshop by Organo Et School (OES)
Here’s why we think everyone should experience afforestation:
1. Raise awareness of the importance of trees
2. Learn about different types of trees
3. Learn about tree planting and care
4. Learn of soil and soil health
5. Learn about forest life cycle and biodiversity
Immersive experience of afforestation teaches us:
1. Nature Awareness
4. Problem-solving skills
5. Patient & endurance
Once enrolled, you will be allotted 2 pits each to plant trees. You will be guided by our farming team members and OES team members on tree recognition & planting techniques. You will have hands-on learning from decanting, planting, back-filling to watering.
Date: 9th Apr,22 Saturday.
Click here to Enroll - https://forms.gle/Px9fYimwLK7h5PEG6
Suitable for: Families & Individuals (Kids 4-10 yrs. to be accompanied by parents)
Location: God's Own Office @ Organo Antharam
Location pin: https://goo.gl/maps/A15wqQbWPppPCvCK9
Drive Time: 1 hour from Gachibowli Signal
Start Time: 9:30am, Forestation workshop.
Total slots available: 20 (Slots will be filled on First-Come-First-Serve basis)
Breakfast available on 24 hour prior order.
What we will provide:
1. 2 pits for each participant to plant trees in
2. Trees selected as per the afforestation scheme of the eco-community
3. Source of water for watering the trees
4. Designated time and date for tree planting
5. In-house experts who will guide
6. Informal seating near the afforestation area
Workshop Topics to be covered: Afforestation & Tree Planting
7. What are Trees? Why are they important?
8. Why should we do Afforestation?
9. What are Native Trees?
10. How to prepare the soil before transplantation?
11. Where to get trees? How to choose trees? Why did we choose these trees on our site?
12. How to plant trees (Tools & techniques)? What is the ideal distance between various trees? How to care for the roots & soil after backfilling?
13. Activity: Decanting, Transplanting, Backfilling, Watering
14. Maintenance requirements for new transplants and troubleshooting planting related problems
What you have to do:
1. Enthusiastically engage in tree planting tasks
2. Bring your own tools (gloves & boots) and apt summer attire
3. Follow construction site precautions, & necessary Covid protocols
4. Bring Hats/Caps, drinking water bottles, hand towels, sanitizers, & masks
At the end of the program, you would
1. Have hands-on immersive experience in afforestation
2. Have gained an understanding of tree planting methods
3. Have gained knowledge on tree care and lifecycle
4. Get a certificate of participation from OES
5. Get featured on our websites and Social Media Channels recognizing their efforts
We recognize that for any positive impact to be sustainable, it must be long-term and inter-generational. Organo Et School strives to create an apt learning environment that will support and empower families as well as individuals to embrace sustainable living mindsets and habits.
Organo Et School is a learning initiative set up by Organo in 2017 and has been facilitating fields visits and workshops for Schools and Interest Groups. Organo Et School has had over 25+ schools, 6000+ students and 2500+ adults participate over the last 4 years.
We believe in connecting children & adults with nature. Connecting children with the natural world at a young age is the first step in creating responsible stewards for our collective future.
How to Register
If you or your children are interested in the Rurban Forest program, please register https://forms.gle/Px9fYimwLK7h5PEG6
Please send your queries to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone 9154100775 today!