Are you interested in farming? Do you want to feel the soil? Do you want to know where and how our food is grown? Do you have a farm? Are you interested to learning natural techniques to control pest and diseases in crops? Do you want your food free of chemicals? Then, be sure to enroll in the “Learn Polyhouse Farming Program” at Organo Et School (OES) Children’s Farm. STARTING Sunday, 8th May 2022.
Here’s why we think everyone should experience farming:
1. Farming teaches participants where their food comes from
2. Farming teaches participants how to care for the soil
3. Farming teaches participants nature and weather awareness
4. Farming teaches participants a better appreciation for food
5. Farming teaches participants plant life-cycle and farm eco-systems
6. Farming teaches participants responsibility
7. Farming teaches participants self-reliance
8. Farming teaches participants resilience and problem-solving skills
9. Farming teaches participants patient & endurance
10. Farming teaches participants the joy of reward after hard work
We are offering an immersive learning experience for participants through Polyhouse Program.
About Learn Polyhouse Farming Program
Once enrolled, 25 participants will be allotted 48 sq. ft patch each to farm. They will be given a harvest program for 70 days (a typical harvest cycle). They will be guided by our farming team members and OES team members on natural farming techniques. They will have hands-on learning from soil preparation, seeding, tending, composting, mulching, weeding, plant health care, harvesting, plant maturity, to farm accounting. They will have to visit the patch every weekend during designated hours and care for their crops.
Because this program is designed as a hands-on experience that will take participants through an entire Kharif crop cycle, we request the participants to come on every Sunday/Saturday (from the start to end) to tend to their respective farm patches. If the farm patch is left untended, weeds grow, crop cycle get disrupted, plants get impacted and learning is interrupted.
"Learn Polyhouse Farming Program": Batch-1, has only 25 slots. We are opening the program to age group 16 year old and above. For this 10-week program, there is a nominal fee of Rs.6,000/month, per participant.
Registrations open…… Click here
What we can provide
11. Approx. 48 sq. ft farm patch for each participant to farm on during the program duration of 70 days (10 weeks crop cycle, seeding to harvest)
12. Seasonal saplings (4veggies, 2 leafy), Jeevamrutham, neem oil and natural farming guidance on what to do on a weekly basis
13. Farming coaches, who will guide children on the weekly schedule of activities for the seasonal crops
14. Source of water for watering the plants
15. Informal seating for friends.
What the participants are requested to do
16. Engage in farming operations such as soil preparation, seeding, weeding, tending, growing, harvesting, and more
17. Come and leave at designated time every weekend to tend to their farm patch
18. Bring their own gardening tools (gloves, spades, watering cans, small shovels, small rakes, garden scissors), and apt attire (including weather appropriate gear & garden boots/shoes)
19. Follow farm-friendly behavior & follow necessary Covid protocols
20. Bring food, drinking water & snacks for themselves
21. Bring hand towels, cloth napkins, sanitizers, masks for themselves
22. Bring paper/cloth bags to carry the fresh produce harvested by them and take it back home
23. As there are no toilets on site, we request you to prepare accordingly.
At the end of the Crop Cycle in July, the participant would
24. Have hands-on immersive experience in raising Kharif food crops
25. Have gained and understanding on natural farming methods
26. Have seen the farming cycle during the summer season.
27. Have gained knowledge on plant care and lifecycle
28. Have gained knowledge on farm accounting and management
29. Get a certificate from OES on course completion
30. Get featured on OES website and Social Media Channels recognizing their efforts
May 22 – 17
July 22 (Every Sunday)
Venue: Organo Et School Children’s Farm campus, Kesaram, Chevella Rd.
[About 40 mins drive from Gachibowli]
Timing: Sharp 7:30am -9:30am
About Organo Et School (OES)
We recognize that for any positive impact to be sustainable, it must be long-term and inter-generational. Organo Et School strives to create an apt learning environment that will support and empower families as well as individuals to embrace sustainable living mindsets and habits.
Organo Et School is a learning initiative set up by Organo in 2017 and has been facilitating field visits and workshops for Schools and Interest Groups. Organo Et School has had over 25+ schools, 6000+ students and 2500+ adults participate over the last 4 years.
We believe in connecting children & adults with nature.
Please send your queries to us at email@example.com and by phone 9154100775 today!
Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVe5InTKtgyGsGgNVNZ5sOw
Follow OES news on: https://www.organoetschool.co.in
Follow OES on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/organo_et_school/?hl=en