In the year 2015, leaders from 193 countries of theworld created a plan called the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). A set of17 goals hope to eradicate poverty and hunger while protecting the earth fromill-effects of climate change in next 15 years.
These goals are to be fulfilled by 170 countries andterritories, under the leadership of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)by the year 2030. The focus is on making this ambitious plan a reality bymaking people know how to do their part.
What are these Sustainable Goals for us-
1) End extreme poverty in all forms by 2030.
2) End hunger, achieve food security and improvednutrition and promote sustainable agriculture. - By providing access to sufficientand nutritious food for everyone around the world, all year round.
3) Ensure healthy lives well-being for all.
4) Ensure inclusive and equitable education and promotelifelong learning opportunities for all.
5) Achieve gender equality and empower all women andgirls.
6) Ensure availability and sustainable management ofwater and sanitation for all.
7) Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable andmodern energy for all.
8) Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economicgrowth, full and protective employment and decent work for all.
9) Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive andsustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
10) Reduce inequality within and among countries.
11) Make cities and human settlements safe and sustainable.
12) Ensure sustainable consumption and productionpatterns.
13) Take urgent action to combat climate change and itsimpacts.
14) Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas andmarine resources
15) Protect, restore and promote sustainable use ofterrestrial ecosystem, sustainably manage halt biodiversity loss.
16) Promote peaceful and inclusive societies, providejustice for all and build effective institutions at all levels.
17) Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalizethe global partnership for sustainable development.
About Organo Et School(OES)
We recognize thatfor any positive impact to be sustainable, it has to be long-term andinter-generational. Organo Et School strives to create an apt learningenvironment that will support and empower families as well as individuals toembrace sustainable living mindsets and habits.
Organo Et School isa learning initiative set up by Organo in 2017 andhas been facilitating fields visits and workshops for Schools and InterestGroups. Organo Et School has had over 25+ schools, 6000+ students and 2500+adults participate over the last 4 years.
We believe inconnecting children & adults with nature. Connecting children with thenatural world at a young age is the first step in creating responsible stewardsof our collective future.