Do you want to introduce afforestation to your child or students? Do you want them to know why and how trees are grown? Do you have children or students who are not afraid to get dirty, jump in and help, learn fast and work hard? Then, be sure to enroll them in the Rurban Forest program by Organo Et School (OES)
Here’s why we think every child should experience afforestation:
- Raise awareness on the importance of trees
- Learn about different types of trees
- Learn about tree planting and care
- Learn about soil and soil health
- Learn about forest life cycle and bio-diversity
Immersive experience on afforestation teaches children:
- Nature Awareness
- Problem-solving skills
- Patient & endurance
- Joy of reward after hard work
About the Rurban Forest program
Once enrolled, children will be allotted 2 pits each to plant trees. They will be guided by our farming team members and OES team members on tree recognition & planting techniques. They will have hands-on learning from decanting, planting, back-filling to watering.
We are offering an immersive learning experience for children through the program.
Click here to Enroll your child
Length of Program: 3 Workshops
Age-Group: 11-15 years old
Total slots available: 15 (Slots will be filled on First-Come-First-Serve basis)
Location: Organo Antharam https://goo.gl/maps/fxx6TDhMAUBMFXZV6
Drive Time: 1 hour from Gachibowli Signal
Time: 10:00 to 12:00
Date: Session 1 is on 8th August, Sunday (subsequent sessions will be around 4 weeks apart. TBD)
Program Cost = Rs.3000/- for all three sessions
What we will provide:
- 2 pits for each child to plant trees in
- Selection of trees as per the afforestation scheme of the eco-community
- Source of water for watering the trees
- Designated time and date for tree planting
- In-house experts who will guide the children
- Informal seating for parents near the afforestation area
- 3 workshops on:
Workshop 1: Afforestation & Tree Planting
- What are Trees? Why are they important?
- Why should we do Afforestation?
- What are Native Trees?
- How to prepare the soil before transplantation?
- Where to get trees? How to choose trees? Why we chose these trees in our site?
- How to plant trees (Tools & techniques)? What is the ideal distance between various trees? How to care for the roots & soil after backfilling?
- Activity: Decanting, Transplanting, Backfilling, Watering
- Maintenance requirements for new transplants and troubleshooting planting related problems
Workshop 2: Young Tree Care & Recognizing 15-20 indigenous young trees on-site or through a walking trail
- How to recognize and protect young trees?
- How to prune them? And what stages?
- Measure and record growth
- Activity: Pruning planted saplings, 15-20 tree recognition through touch, smell and sight
Workshop 3: Mature Tree Care & Recognizing 10 indigenous mature trees through a walking trail
- How to recognize and protect mature trees? From disease, pests, fauna.
- How to prune them? And what stages?
- How to enjoy them?
- Activity: Walking trail with 10 tree recognitions through touch, smell and sight
- Optional Workshop 4 at extra fees: How to photo-document trees using your phones (composition, details, growth, season, etc)
- 3 Month Tree Growth Log Chart for the planted trees
- 15-20 Young Tree Log
- 10 Mature Tree Log
What the children have to do:
- Engage in tree planting tasks such as decanting, planting, back-filling to watering
- Bring their own tools (gloves, boots), and apt attire (including monsoon gear)
- Follow forest-friendly behavior & necessary Covid protocols
- Bring food, drinking water & snacks for themselves
- Bring hand towels, cloth napkins, sanitizers, masks for themselves
- Kindly note that there will be no toilets available on site
At the end of the program, the children would
- Have hands-on immersive experience in afforestation
- Have gained and understanding on tree planting methods
- Have gained knowledge on tree care and lifecycle
- Get a certificate of participation from OES
- Get featured on our websites and Social Media Channels recognizing their efforts
About Organo Et School (OES)
We recognize that for any positive impact to be sustainable, it must be long-term and inter-generational. Organo Et School strives to create an apt learning environment that will support and empower families as well as individuals to embrace sustainable living mindsets and habits.
Organo Et School is a learning initiative set up by Organo in 2017 and has been facilitating fields visits and workshops for Schools and Interest Groups. Organo Et School has had over 25+ schools, 6000+ students and 2500+ adults participate over the last 4 years.
We believe in connecting children & adults with nature. Connecting children with the natural world at a young age is the first step in creating responsible stewards of our collective future.
How to Register
If you or your children are interested in the Rurban Forest program, please register here . Please send your queries to us at email@example.com and by phone 9154100775 today!