Do you want to introduce farming to your child? Do you want them to know where and how their food is grown? Do you have kids who are not afraid to get dirty, jump in and help, learn fast and work hard? Then, be sure to enroll them in the “Kinder-gardeners” program at OES Children’s Farm,
Program duration : 13 Feb 2022 till 6 Mar 2022, 1 Month. Time: 9:00am - 10:00am Sundays
Here’s why we think every child should experience farming:
1. Farming teaches children where their food comes from
2. Farming teaches children how to care for the soil
3. Farming teaches children nature and weather awareness
4. Farming teaches children a better appreciation for food
5. Farming teaches children responsibility
6. Farming teaches children self-reliance
7. Farming teaches children the joy of reward after hard work
We are offering a sensorial learning experience for small children through this program. Click here to enrol your child!
Once enrolled, 15 children will be allotted 5-6 sq. ft patch each to grow their leafys. They will be given a harvest program for 30 days (a typical Green leafy harvest cycle). They will be guided by our farming team members and OES team members on natural farming techniques. They will have sensorial learning from observing soil preparation, seeding, tending, weeding, plant health care, and harvesting. They will have to visit the patch (along with their parent/guardian) every weekend during designated hours and care for their crops.
For this Batch, there are 15 slots only. We are opening the program to 6-8 years age group on 13 Feb 22, Sunday. There is a nominal program fee of Rs.1499/- per child.
8. Approx. 5-6 sq. ft farm patch for each child to farm on during the program duration of 30 days (1-month leafy crop cycle, seed to mulching)
9. Seasonal saplings (2-leafys), bio-fertilizers and basic natural farming guidance on what to do on the weekend.
10. Farming coaches, who will guide children on the activities for these crops
11. Source of water for watering the plants
12. Informal seating for parents/guardians under a tent near the farm patches
What the children are requested to do
13. Engage in farming tasks such as soil preparation, seeding, weeding, tending, growing, harvesting, and more
14. Come and leave at designated time every weekend to tend to their farm patch
15. Bring their own gardening tools (gloves, spades, watering cans, child-safe scissors), and apt attire (including weather appropriate gear & sturdy boots/shoes)
16. Follow farm-friendly behaviour & follow necessary Covid protocols
17. Bring food, drinking water & snacks for themselves
18. Bring hand towels, cloth napkins, sanitizers, masks for themselves
19. Bring paper/cloth bags to carry the fresh produce harvested by them and take it back home
20. As there are no toilets on site, we request parents to prepare the children accordingly.
At the end of the Crop Cycle in March, the children would
21. Have sensorial learning on raising seasonal leafy greens
22. Have gained an introduction on natural farming methods
23. Get a certificate from OES on course completion
24. Get featured on OES website and Social Media Channels recognizing their efforts
We recognize that for any positive impact to be sustainable, it has to be long-term and inter-generational. Organo Et School strives to create an apt learning environment that will support and empower families as well as individuals to embrace sustainable living mindsets and habits.
Organo Et School is a learning initiative set up by Organo in 2017 and has been facilitating fields visits and workshops for Schools and Interest Groups. Organo Et School has had over 25+ schools, 6000+ students and 2500+ adults participate over the last 4 years.
We believe in connecting children & adults with nature. Connecting children with the natural world at a young age is the first step in creating responsible stewards of our collective future.
Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVe5InTKtgyGsGgNVNZ5sOw
Follow OES news on: https://www.organoetschaool.co.in
Follow OES on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/organo_et_school/?hl=en