The most important legacy we leave for our children is the planet with all its resources. The current situation leaves no doubt in our predicament; We are at the cross-road to make decisions that will create a lasting impact on our planet. The health and future of our children are in our hands.
Through our experience in practicing the sustainability culture, we have realized that living mindfully is not a wearisome endeavor. Contrarily all it requires is a series of small and consistent changes in the right direction.
It is important to shift our thinking from the man versus nature paradigm to the man as a part of nature paradigm. We need to understand that nature can exist without man, but not vice-versa. The centrality of our ecology to our well-being has been understated for far too long. As a Food & Beverage Service Owner or Professional, if you are keen on zero-waste stores, cafes, and event spaces, we would love to encourage your journey towards sustainable F&B.
Below are a few simple practices that can adopted immediately to convert your business into a more earth-friendly operations, that all the customers are moving towards and expecting.
1. Use refillable glass/stainless steel containers for condiments instead of individual packs (sugar, oils, powders, salt, pepper)
2. Identify and ban use of single-use plastic through entire procurement and food service process.
3. Store sanitizers in steel or glass dispensers
4. All paper, plastic and glass should be collected and given to recyclers on weekly basis.
5. Use sustainable packaging
6. Limit use of Napkins
7. Replace all Virgin White paper tissues with Recycled Paper tissues
8. Serve beverages in glassware or stainless-steel cups
9. Store grease and oil in grease collection containers. Make sure it is collected by Grease Collection company for recycling
10. Create and use a compost pit for all vegetable & fruit peels.
11. Create and use Bokashi compost method for cooked food.
12. Donate old linen, uniforms, containers, serve ware and tableware on an annual basis
13. Buy stock in bulk directly from producer. See if they can package your produce in non-plastic containers.
14. Use LED lights, ideally powered by Solar energy
15. Select light fixtures made of Natural materials
16. Select only eco-friendly décor items
17. Use recycled/agro-waste printer paper for bills, invoices, etc.
18. Replace all table mats with simple recycle paper table mat with Logo, Purpose Statement and Simple Illustration
19. Encourage customers to bring their own mugs and take away containers. During Covid, this practice can be avoided.
About Organo Et School (OES)
We recognize that for any positive impact to be sustainable, it has to be long-term and inter-generational. Organo Et School strives to create an apt learning environment that will support and empower families as well as individuals to embrace sustainable living mindsets and habits.
Organo Et School is a learning initiative set up by Organo in 2017 and has been facilitating fields visits and workshops for Schools and Interest Groups. Organo Et School has had over 25+ schools, 6000+ students and 2500+ adults participate over the last 4 years.
If you and your business are interested to know more about Sustainability, How to Apply Sustainability to your Business, please connect to us at email@example.com and by WhatsApp at 9154100775!