Looking at the overwhelming response to the first Be a Farmer program of the year 2023, Organo Et School (OES) is all set for starting the 6th BAF program.
It brings us immense pleasure to have helped over 150 children (Urban) go through this BAF program from Hyderabad so far. It makes us move closer to our mission to empower people to embrace eco-living solutions, mindsets and habits.
So if you are wanting to introduce farming to your child, but didn’t know how?
Do you wish they know where and how their food is grown?
Are your kids not afraid of getting dirty, jump in and help, learn fast and work hard?
Then, be sure to enroll them in the “Be a Farmer Leafy Crop Cycle” at Organo Et School Children’s Farm.
Here’s why we think every child should experience farming because farming teaches children
We are offering an immersive learning experience for children through Be a Farmer crop cycle.
About Be a Farmer program
Once enrolled, 20 children will be allotted 48 sq. ft patch each to farm. They will be given a harvest program for 40 days (a typical green vegetable harvest cycle). They will be guided by our farming team members and OES team members on natural farming techniques. They will have hands-on learning from soil preparation, seeding, tending, weeding, plant health care, harvesting, plant maturity, composting, to mulching. They will have to visit the patch (along with their parent/guardian) every weekend during designated hours and care for their crops.
Because this program is designed as a hands-on experience that will take children through an entire crop cycle, we request the parents to bring the children every Sunday to tend to their respective farm patches. If the farm patch is left untended, weeds grow, the crop cycle gets disrupted, plants get impacted and learning is interrupted.
BAF leafy crop cycle, has 20 slots only. We are opening the program to the 9-13 years age group. There is a nominal program fee of ₹3,000/ month per child.
Click here to Register for this farming program.
What we provide
11. Approx. 48 sq. ft farm patch for each child to farm on during the program duration of 40 days (Green leafy vegetable growth cycle, seed to harvesting)
12. Seasonal saplings (4 leafys), jeevamrutham, neem oil and natural farming guidance on what to do on a weekly basis
13. Farming coaches, who will guide children on the weekly schedule of activities for the seasonal crops
14. Source of water for watering the plants
15. Informal seating for parents/guardians under a shamyaana near the farm patches
What the children are requested to do
16. Engage in farming tasks such as soil preparation, seeding, weeding, tending, mulching, harvesting, and more
17. Come and leave at designated time every weekend to tend to their farm patch
18. Bring their own gardening tools (gloves, spades, watering cans, small shovels, small rakes, garden scissors), and apt attire, umbrella (including weather-appropriate gear & garden boots/shoes)
19. Follow farm-friendly behaviour.
20. Bring food, drinking water & snacks for themselves.
21. Bring hand towels, cloth napkins for themselves.
22. Bring paper/cloth bags to carry the fresh produce harvested by them and take it back home
At the end of the Crop Cycle in April end, the children would
24. Have hands-on immersive experience in raising seasonal leafy crops
25. Have gained an understanding on natural farming methods
26. Have seen the farming cycle during the Zaid season.
27. Have gained knowledge on plant care and lifecycle
28. Get a certificate from OES on course completion
29. Get featured on OES website and Social Media Channels recognizing their efforts
Duration: 5 Weeks (Every Sunday session).
Start date to be announced soon.
Timing: Sharp 7:30 am - 9:30 am
Program Fee: Rs.3000/month/child.
Venue: Organo Et School Children’s Farm campus, Kesaram, Chevella Rd.
[About 40 mins drive from Gachibowli]
Location pin: https://goo.gl/maps/JST8qA3iBGHwxYwi8
Registration Link : https://forms.gle/2WkcxVwhkh7Wew936
or CALL OES: 9154100775
We recognize that for any positive impact to be sustainable, it has to be long-term and inter-generational. Organo Et School strives to create an apt learning environment that will support and empower families as well as individuals to embrace sustainable living mindsets and habits.
Organo Et School is a learning initiative set up by Organo in 2017 and has been facilitating fields visits and workshops for Schools and Interest Groups. Organo Et School has had over 25+ schools, 6500+ students and 3000+ adults participate over the last 5 years.
We believe in connecting children & adults with nature. Connecting children with the natural world at a young age is the first step in creating responsible stewards of our collective future.
If you or your children are interested in the Be a Farmer program, please connect to us at email@example.com and by phone 9154100775 today!